The University of Wisconsin-Division of Extension Agriculture Institute is moving to a structure of having regional educators across the state. Shawano, Oconto, Marinette, Lincoln, and Langlade counties transitioned to this structure on April 15th. Regional educators will provide research-based education to dairy and crop producers by assessing the needs of farmers across their region and designing and delivering educational programming and services to meet these needs.
Dairy and crop production are the largest agricultural industries in the state and Regional Educators will offer specific expertise that can serve those industries across several counties. Regional Educators will:
• Design and deliver educational meetings and field days in the counties they represent
• Provide consultation on production challenges to farmers and agricultural consultants
• Contribute to digital outreach opportunities on agricultural topics through email, websites, and social media
• Collaborate with other educators and specialists across the state
• Engage with Extension Committees on progress and planning
Shawano, Oconto, Marinette, Lincoln, and Langlade counties will be served by a Regional Crops Educator,
Scott Reuss. Scott has been serving in Extension since 1997 in Marinette County. His current focus in programing is in nutrient management with additional programing in farm management and pest management. Contact information for Scott is firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-701-0966.